Effective service managers must have the knowledge to generate a realistic return on investment for his dealer in today’s marketplace. Service managers will learn how to identify, measure, price and turn over his labor inventory for maximum efficiency.
Service managers will learn how manage their department both administratively and operationally to provide that necessary financial return.
In addition management will learn how to staff effectively, compensate service advisors properly while holding employees accountable for exceptional sales performance and customer handling.
Some of the key measures of the management system are listed below. The Sheriff 5 Star System teaches management how to acquire and track this information while implementing systems and training to attain forecasted performance.
Management System key measurements and daily tracking
- Departmental Forecasting
- Technician efficiency
- Unapplied labor / hourly technicians
- Service advisor discounting
- Service advisors daily customer pay effective labor rate
- Carry-over labor hours of inventory
- Appointment hours scheduled
- Work in process
- Service advisor sales performance
- Customer pay labor hours per repair order
- CP Effective Labor Rate/ gross profit retention
- Number of repair orders written per advisor
- Menu sales penetration percentage
- Dealer preferred items sold
- Missed sales opportunities
- Active Deliveries
“With the Sheriff 5 Star and Service Driver Menu System, our customer pay profits have increased every month.Monthly customer pay labor and parts gross profit increases up to $39,000.00 per month are being attained. The dealership and service employees are all making more money and have a higher level of job satisfaction. The System implementation was smooth and customers are very satisfied with the interactive selling process.”
Barbara & Carol Saccucci
Saccucci Honda, Middletown, RI.